POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering media in space : Scattering media in space Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering media in space
From: Tom York
Date: 12 Aug 2005 07:30:00
Message: <web.42fc8713af50c846e0d101b60@news.povray.org>
Ok, the composition is suspect and the starry background is very obviously
based on leopard. But this is the first time I've got roughly what I wanted
from scattering media. To get smoother shadows I ended up using "samples
300,1000" in method 3. The shadow contrast, which I was trying to maximise
without overbrightening the background, turned out to be highly dependent
on scattering type and light source position.

(larger version at http://www.zubenelgenubi.34sp.com/graphics/scmed.jpg -
170K)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: